A Comprehensive Guide to Furniture Factory in China
The furniture industry is growing at double-digit rates in China. The Furniture Factory in China production in 2012 increased by 19% to $89 billion. And furniture exports increased by 25%, according to UFI. (Federation of the furniture industry). With this continuous growth, many companies have invested and started manufacturing businesses in China. It has been an advantage for consumers as well. Because furniture prices have gone down due to competition among manufacturers. Many local furniture businesses also moved their businesses from other countries to China. The furniture factory in China has seen rapid development in the last decade. The furniture factories in China are producing furniture at a much faster rate than ever before. And this is translating into more opportunities for furniture buyers. They can get quality furniture at affordable prices. If you’re looking for a furniture factory in China. Then there are many factors that you should consider when making your decision. This blog post will provide information on how to find one of these factories. So that you can be sure it meets your needs.
How to get a furniture factory in china
Furniture factory is the most important furniture production base in China. It has over 50 furniture industrial parks, which a furniture export volume of billions of dollars. All furniture business and industry chains. From design, make products, decoration up to transportation are well developed. Yet, how to get a furniture factory in china for you who want to start your own furniture business? Here we will give some useful information about it. For example, furniture factories directory with contact detail like address and phone number. To help to find a furniture factory as per customer’s request. Online video guides show you a step-by-step process on how to choose a suitable furniture factory. Newsfeed relates to the latest trends on furniture material. Or even the promotion activity of famous international brands can be found. Finding furniture manufacturers in China is not an easy task, and there are many ways to find furniture factories in China. The best way would be: visit the furniture market in furniture city. Fuzhou furniture city is the furniture capital in china and has a lot of furniture factories that exported furniture all over the world, you will need to get a guide first, or you may end up lost on your own. Once you found your target furniture factory. You may try these few methods below for further communication with them. emailing/calling/fax/visiting the furniture company (if they had a website or email) or through an introduction by someone. He had a business relationship with this particular furniture manufacturing company. But, due to the language barrier, most furniture factories in China do not accept the email. It is always good to have a local agent or translator with you for your business trip to China.
1) Visit the furniture factory yourself – if you already have furniture related industry experience and speak Chinese, this might be your choice; – or hire a translator company with furniture knowledge and face-to-face experience to go with you (they usually had furniture sample room); – who knows? the next Steve Jobs was there at that furniture factory.
2) Email/fax/call/visit the furniture manufacturer in China If you could not visit the furniture manufacturer, it depends on what kind of furniture you’re looking for. – If the furniture is light, furniture manufacturers that accept email are preferred. Because they are usually located closer to furniture market or furniture city; – if the furniture is heavy and needs special machinery to process (like a large stamping machine). It would be better to visit the furniture factory and negotiate on all details to save funds.
3) Find a furniture company introduction from a friend/agent/partner If you were not lucky enough to find the furniture manufacturer. Your only option is someone who had a business relationship with this particular furniture manufacturing company. A furniture business partner (if he ever had one) may help you contact the furniture factory. As they share the same interest in the furniture business. You may consider this ‘in-house agent’ as your furniture manufacturing partner in China, but you need to pay them for their service fee. So what is the best way to find furniture manufacturers in China if you cannot visit the furniture factory yourself? There isn’t a single answer, because the language barrier and furniture type vary from person to person. If budget allows, it is always better to go there and negotiate face-to-face with furniture manufacturers. Or furniture trade show agents that represented different furniture factories (like Canton Fair). It’s still a safer bet than try any unknown ways like email/fax/call/introduction, although not everybody is lucky enough to afford such luxury.
The advantages of having a furniture factory in china
The advantages of having a furniture factory in China are many.Furniture factories in china can often be expected to last longer before more furniture is needed. Since furniture factory in China furniture has a much lower price than furniture made elsewhere. It makes furniture from a furniture factory in china accessible to many more people. Because furniture made by furniture factories in China is so inexpensive. And it seems money-free at times, furniture from there is often seen as expendable.
A furniture factory in china can provide furniture at a much lower price. In the past, people viewed furniture as an expensive investment. It occupants of a house built up over time with their own hands or commissioned workmen to build for them.New household furnishings were purchased. Today’s world of mass production encourages consumers everywhere to get goods and change them.
Furniture from China reflects these modern values. They also produce furniture with more affordable material which is faster and cheaper to buy. Even before the furniture from furniture factories in China was available anywhere else. Americans were importing furniture made in China. There are several reasons why people still prefer furniture made from China. One of them is that some people believe furniture made by Chinese exporters would be better than ones manufactured by local craftsmen. Because they use advanced technologies and machines. Besides, furniture is made of such cheap materials. As rubberwood may have an undesirable impact on the environment and human health. So that designers often choose to work with wood coming from sustainable sources. Such as Mongolian oak or Siberian larch rather than South American mahogany or African teak.
The factors of having a furniture factory in china
1. Location factor To produce high-quality furniture needs time and effort, and if you want to get the most efficient result from your staff. It’s better to produce furniture on your own. Furniture manufacturers sometimes don’t have the time and staff to produce furniture. Because they are trying to find furniture buyers. That means that you cannot always rely on furniture factories in China for a steady flow of orders.
2. Quality control In furniture factories in China, there is no time or enough furniture designers. He can control all the furniture production process from start to finish like furniture designers in your own country do it. If you buy furniture from an external furniture manufacturer. Then he will make sure that he controls the quality of each step. but not 100% as what a furniture designer will do if the furniture factory is owned by him/herself. 3. Time factor You’ll get faster communication with your furniture factory and furniture suppliers in China than in another country. So if you have an order from your customer tomorrow. It’s better to send the furniture production request today to your furniture supplier who is close by/near you. 4. Quality control If you outsource your furniture to another country. There is a chance that the quality of furniture will not be as good as expected. Because they do not work together for a long time like when you keep them under one roof or at least near each other (in the same city, or even the same street). China is the most populous country and also has the largest furniture market. China furniture exports have a strong impact on the furniture industry worldwide. But, there are many furniture manufacturers in China that still focus on the domestic market. And it’s not easy to find a good furniture factory in China. Fake low-price products threaten their credibility and reputations. A few years ago, buyers were surprised by cheap prices for similar products coming from factories located in Eastern Asia. But later learned they were counterfeit goods of poor quality.
5. Price factor If you import furniture from other countries into China and other countries, you’ll have to pay customs fees and taxes. But a furniture factory in China can do furniture production without export duty.
6. Productivity You won’t be worried about furniture workers’ working hours. It is around 40-50 hours per week (it’s a 6 days work schedule). Because the number of furniture workers in furniture factories in China makes up for this. As they are more efficient and productive than furniture designers/furniture manufacturers. Who only work for 4-5 days per week or sometimes even less.
7. Warehouse space and transportation If you outsource your furniture to another country. There is a chance that the furniture importer/wholesaler will ask furniture producers from other countries to make one piece of furniture sample for export to the furniture importer/wholesaler first. That means furniture producers in other countries will charge furniture importers/wholesalers for furniture samples. And it is a production cost.
In recent years, furniture prices have increased. And the traditional furniture factories are having a hard time maintaining their product cost.
When it comes to costs. China furniture manufacturers can not compete with other furniture manufacturers. One of the major reasons for this is that furniture factories in China suffer from high rent increases every year. The average increase between 2007-2011 was 15%.
A furniture factory moves once or twice during its lifetime as the owners cannot afford to pay ever-increasing rents. This means that moving is expensive and adds significant administrative burdens. And the burdens could have been avoided by planning ahead and negotiating lower rents.
Bestar Hotel Furniture Limited is a leading China manufacturer of hotel furniture to the hospitality industries offering a vast choice of FF&E custom hotel furniture to suit all budgets.