In this post we will briefly introduce 23 Wyndham hotel brands: value, extended stay, midscale, luxury & more
Wyndham is the world’s largest hotel chain by number of properties, thanks to its focus on more modestly-sized hotels. It has over 9,000 properties across more than 80 countries globally, which makes Wyndham an internationally-renowned hospitality company. While the focus of Wyndham has always been either to target the budget-oriented or vacation rental enthusiast, there are still tons of different brands to keep track of. In fact, with over 20 Wyndham brands, choosing your next Wyndham property can be intimidating. Luckily, we’re going to break down all of Wyndham’s brands for you! Keep in mind that Wyndham tends to have a lot of flux with brands leaving and coming in. Also, we’ll be including the major timeshare and vacation rental brands in this guide.
Wyndham Hotels Overview Wyndham has a staggering list of properties across many different tiers of service. For the most part, you’ll see Wyndham properties being lumped into one of the following tiers:
Here are Wyndham’s brands at a glance:
Included in this list are some brands that you likely never heard of. Some of these brands are concentrated in North America, while others have a huge international presence, such as Ramada. As we’ll get into later in the guide, each hotel brand also has its own personality.
Barclays Wyndham Credit Cards Barclays is the exclusive credit card issuer for Wyndham, and it currently offers 3 credit cards: a $95 annual fee card, a $75 annual fee card, and a no-annual-fee card. There are also many other great ways toearn lots of Wyndham Rewards points, including transferring exclusively from Capital One miles. The 3 Wyndham Rewards cards are:
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card ($95 annual fee)
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card ($75 annual fee)
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card ($0 annual fee)
When you use the business card, you will earn up to 8 points per $1 spent, a welcome bonus of around 45,000 points, and Wyndham Diamond status. When you use the $75 annual fee card, you will earn up to 6 points per $1 spent, a welcome bonus of around 45,000 points, and Wyndham Platinum status. When you use the no annual fee card, you will earn up to 5 points per $1 spent, a welcome bonus of around 30,000 points, and Wyndham Gold status. The biggest difference between Diamond and Platinum status is the ability to get suite upgrades, subject to availability. Additionally, you will get a welcome amenity at check-in as a Diamond member. Also, you can get status matches with Caesars Rewards as well as a free upgrade on your Avis or Budget car rentals at participating U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) locations.
Wyndham Rewards Loyalty Program The Wyndham Rewards loyalty program is much simpler than other hotel loyalty programs. There are only 3 categories of hotels with award nights priced at 7,500 points per night, 15,000 points per night, or 30,000 points per night. Wyndham doesn’t generally offer the same caliber of luxury hotels as, say, Hilton with its Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts brand, which provides some explanation as to why there aren’t many different hotel categories. Here’s how you can figure out which hotels fall into the different categories:
Visit the Wyndham Hotels locations page
Click the filter for Points
Select the points price you’re looking for and click Apply.
Additionally, you can redeem points and cash using the Go Fast rate:
For properties in the 7,500 points category, you’ll pay 1,500 points + cash
For properties in the 15,000 points category, you’ll pay 3,000 points + cash
For properties in the 30,000 points category, you’ll pay 6,000 points + cash
23 Wyndham Brands Wyndham has 23 brands that are directly affiliated, owned, or managed by Wyndham. While there’s less variation in terms of the level of service thanks to the focus on budget-oriented offerings, there are still different amenities and benefits to keep in mind with each Wyndham brand. Let’s examine all of Wyndham’s major brands to learn about what it has to offer.
1. AmericInn Our first brand to review is AmericInn, a relatively new addition to Wyndham. AmericInn’s top focus is to provide genuine hospitality. Although its target market doesn’t seem to be a single archetype, it does seem to appeal more to leisure travelers. All of its rooms are generally spacious and pet-friendly! Additionally, you’ll enjoy complimentary hot breakfast complete with fresh-brewed coffee and homestyle favorites like waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, and more. You can also take a to-go breakfast on the road. AmericInn properties have pools, exercise equipment, and many properties even have waterslides, splash pools, heated indoor pools, and more. AmericInn properties are generally located in smaller cities within the U.S. There are 203 properties, all of which are located in the U.S.
2. Baymont Baymont by Wyndham’s 3 objectives are to provide friendly service, comfortable guest rooms, and thoughtful amenities. Designed to accommodate kids and pets, this brand specializes in offering hometown service. Each of the rooms has comfortable beds, in-room coffee facilities, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary hot breakfast every morning. Many locations also have gyms and pools. Baymont has something to keep everyone happy, ranging from coloring books for children to a tailgating cooler to pet treats (at pet-friendly locations only). Baymont has 521 properties located all across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
3. Club Wyndham Club Wyndham is one of Wyndham’s timeshare brands. By offering consistent vacation amenities without the headache of research and planning, Club Wyndham has expertly carved a niche for itself. These family-friendly timeshares offer the consistency of Wyndham and come fully loaded with the amenities and a global footprint that enables you to reimagine your timeshare’s flexibility. There are 4 tiers of Club Wyndham timeshares:
Club Wyndham Select
Club Wyndham Access
Club Wyndham Discovery
In all, there are 265 properties in Club Wyndham’s portfolio spread out across 7 countries, which is unique because most timeshare brands are concentrated in 1 country: the U.S.
4. Days Inn Days Inn is one of Wyndham’s value brands. At each of these properties, you’ll notice that the focus is to offer productive stays and holistically-healthy food. Rooms are generally on the tighter side, but you’ll see massive savings by being a value-oriented traveler. Days Inn comes loaded with its Daybreak breakfast, offering healthy options like fresh fruit, yogurts, cereal, oatmeal, juice, and coffee. Also, all Days Inn properties have fitness centers dubbed DaysFitness centers and some have a pool. Most offer free Wi-Fi and some offer restaurants, bars, and even meeting space! As the second-largest brand within the Wyndham portfolio, Days Inn has 1,660 hotels across 24 countries.
5. Dazzler Hotels Dazzler Hotels is one of Wyndham’s lifestyle brands. Dazzler’s focus is on offering smart designs for modern travelers. This includes modern décor, spacious accommodations, and personalized service. Dazzler Hotels offer complimentary breakfast until noon, a welcome minibar, and a 2-hour late checkout! If this wasn’t enough, these properties offer state-of-the-art gyms and posh pools. Some pools even have panoramic city views. All of Dazzler’s 14 properties are located in the South American countries of Argentina, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay.
6. Dolce Hotels and Resorts Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an upscale brand designed for events and boutique experiences. Whether you’re enjoying famed golf courses, luxe spas, or convenient access to the world-famous wineries, you’ll always experience the inspirational service at Dolce. To start, Dolce specializes in curative creative and exceptional events, from state-of-the-art meetings to spectacular weddings. Also, the food and beverage offerings here provide flexible options as well as all-inclusive packages. This Wyndham brand currently has 17 locations across 9 different countries.
7. Esplendor Boutique Hotels Esplendor Boutique Hotels is an art and design brand of hotels in Wyndham’s portfolio. Focused on aesthetically-pleasing developments providing ample homey vibes, these properties are typically restored historical buildings, complete with amenities and facilities that’ll leave a lasting impression. All of its lobbies, lounges, and rooms are beautifully decorated with local art for your enjoyment; the properties are also mostly equipped with gyms, spas, and indoor/outdoor pools. All in all, these hotels are meant to help you relax, unwind, and savor your surroundings. Just like Dazzler Hotels, Esplendor Boutique Hotels are a lifestyle hotel brand located in South America. In this case, there are 8 properties in Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
8. Hawthorn Suites Hawthorn Suites is one of Wyndham’s extended stay brands. This all-suites brand featured full kitchens, tons of space to spread out, and free Wi-Fi. You can make use of thoughtful amenities like laundry facilities, complimentary social hours, free Wi-Fi, and gyms. Hawthorn Suites also offers cooking recipes, which is known as Homemade @ Hawthorn. Plus, you’ll be able to take advantage of a free hot breakfast every morning plus even a free bike-sharing program at some properties. Hawthorn Suites hosts complimentary social hours, which offer light bites and samples. These social hours usually occur at least once per week, but schedules will vary by location. In total, there are 111 Hawthorn Suites properties in 6 countries globally.
9. Howard Johnson Howard Johnson is another one of Wyndham’s value brands. Leveraging bold colors like orange and blue, Howard Johnson’s recently refurbished guest rooms look refreshed and unique. As far as technology goes, Howard Johnson offers USB-equipped lamps, backlit mirrors, and more to enhance your experience. Many of these properties are pet-friendly, and all of them offer a free Rise & Dine breakfast every day. Also, Howard Johnson lets kids stay for free! Howard Johnson has 313 locations across 14 different countries.
10. La Quinta La Quinta is Wyndham’s largest midscale brand, followed closely behind by Ramada, which we’ll discuss below. Adorned with thoughtful amenities, each La Quinta guest room have pillow-top mattresses, flat-screen HDTVs, and free Wi-Fi. One of the biggest highlights is the free Bright Side Breakfast, which is served daily and includes homemade waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, and much more. This is one of the most substantial free breakfast offerings you’ll get at Wyndham. Each hotel also offers an on-site convenience store for travel essentials, 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, and fruit-infused water in the lobby, meeting rooms and/or business centers, and pools and/or gym facilities. Most La Quinta properties are also pet-friendly. Lastly, you can enjoy a complimentary DoorDash offer of $0 in delivery fees. Plus, you’ll earn 250 Wyndham Rewards points for every U.S. order placed through wyndhamrewards.com/doordash. Plus, new DoorDash customers will earn 2,000 points after their first order. Wyndham has approximately 944 La Quinta locations across 7 countries.
11. Margaritaville Vacation Club Margaritaville Vacation Club is another one of Wyndham’s timeshare brands. Offering sprawling pools, laid-back atmospheres, and family-friendly activities, you can truly live your bucket list at these properties. You can also book nightly stays at these properties if you’re not interested in timeshares. This brand has 4 locations:
Margaritaville Hotel Nashville — Nashville, Tennessee
Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Desert Blue — Las Vegas, Nevada
Wyndham Margaritaville Rio Mar — Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Wyndham Margaritaville St. Thomas — St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
12. Microtel Inn & Suites Microtel is Wyndham’s economy brand aimed towards business travelers. The minimalistic, yet functional design is the name of the game here, enabling you to take back-to-back meetings and return to recuperate in a comfortable room. Each of the rooms features functional amenities and designs, such as bedside wall outlets, a mini-fridge, separate workspaces, a TV, and even free Wi-Fi. As usual, you’ll enjoy a free continental breakfast every morning, offering fresh muffins and bagels, a healthy selection of hot and cold cereals, and brewed coffee and tea. You can even check out the complimentary fitness centers and pools at certain locations to make your stay even better. Currently, there are more than 350 locations in 5 countries around the world.
13. Ramada Ah, Ramada. Most people in the world have seen a Ramada before, but what you might not have known is that Ramada is a part of Wyndham’s brand family. Even more interesting, Ramada is the most global brand in Wyndham’s portfolio. Ramada is a full-service hotel to help you maximize your stay, whether you’re a tourist, business person, or an event attendee. Ramada also happens to have more airport hotel locations than any other brand in the world! Ramada offers cozy beds, free Wi-Fi, event and conference facilities, flexible full-service, on-site restaurants, room service, fitness rooms, pools, and even water slides. With 912 locations in a whopping 73 countries, Ramada is one of the most diverse and global brands in Wyndham’s entire portfolio!
14. Shell Vacations Club Shell Vacations Club is another one of Wyndham’s timeshare brands. With a wide list of choices, you can change your vacation theme every year, from African safaris to beach staycations and even golf trips. These luxurious accommodations are available in 26 unique locations across Canada, Mexico, and the U.S.
15. Super 8 Super 8 is Wyndham’s largest brand by number of properties, sitting at an astonishing 2,326 properties. However, Super 8 is only available in 5 countries, which is a bit surprising. As a value Wyndham brand, it certainly has a reputation for being a budget-style, motel accommodation. However, if you happen to book one of these rooms, you’ll find an unbelievable price tag packed full of value. Specifically, each Super 8 property has been redesigned to feature stylish bedding, sleek finishings, modern amenities, and even black-and-white artwork depicting local landmarks and landscapes. These accommodations come with free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast, including hot waffles, fruit, hot coffee, and more. Inside the room, you’ll find microwaves, a flat-screen TV, and a separate workspace.
16. Trademark Collection Trademark Collection is defined as Wyndham’s take on independent boutique properties combined with a unique experience at every property. Geared towards both business and leisure travelers, Trademark Collection properties can range from conference hotels to staycation resorts. Recently launched in 2017, these hotels are designed to be undefined and less strict. At the same time, the consistency of the Wyndham brand is embedded in the service. This means that the “soft-brand” doesn’t offer the same branding and amenities as other brands like Wyndham Hotels and Resorts. At a typical Trademark Collection property, you’ll have flexible food and beverage options, usually with a restaurant or lounge. You’ll also have a fitness room and/or access to a local gym, as well as meeting spaces. To date, there are around 106 properties in 9 countries, which makes this one of the fastest-growing brands in the world.
17. Travelodge Travelodge is the very last value brand from Wyndham, and it’s certainly not one to ignore. Travelodge originated in San Diego in 1935, and it has grown to become one of the monoliths of budget travel. Focusing on nature attractions and national parks, Travelodge has provided key access to destinations like the Grand Canyon, Zion, Great Smoky Mountains, and Yosemite for many years. Every room is equipped with a king-sized Dreamer bed, a cozy duvet, and 4 plump pillows. Also, the rooms have ensuite bath or shower, a separate desk, a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, and toiletries (excluding conditioner). Coffee and tea facilities are included in your room, and some hotels even offer complimentary breakfast.
18. TRYP TRYP is Wyndham’s second-largest lifestyle brand, behind the fast-growing Trademark Collection. Offering big-city properties with an oasis feel, TRYP uses open-air floor plans, modern conveniences, and knowledgable staff to make your stay memorable. At each property, you’ll have the chance to explore the city and immerse yourself in the local culture. Each room is comfortable and comes with lots of modern amenities. Although breakfast isn’t always free, you’ll enjoy free Wi-Fi, fitness centers, full-service restaurants, and the consistency of Wyndham’s brand name. There are a total of 48 TRYP properties, but don’t be fooled; you’ll find them in 17 different countries across the globe!
19. Wingate Wingate is a midscale brand from Wyndham with a focus on maximizing productivity for business travelers. With each guestroom, you’ll find ergonomic workspaces, flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, microwaves, and coffee and tea facilities. Additionally, you can take advantage of the free Wi-Fi and hot breakfast offerings, ranging from bacon to eggs and waffles or even oatmeal. Each property has a fitness center and pool to help you stay fit. Many of the 182 properties are located near airports, which makes Wingate a convenient choice for business travelers.
20. WorldMark By Wyndham WorldMark is part of Wyndham’s timeshare arm, with flexible vacation ownership options to accommodate different vacations. Some vacation types include a lake vacation home, a mountain getaway, or a beach staycation. Also, WorldMark South Pacific Club is a more modern version of WorldMark offering a network of accommodations across Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Indonesia, Thailand, and Hawaii. In all, there are around 92 resorts with more than 7,100 units and enough capacity for 227,000 owner families.
21. Wyndham Garden Wyndham Garden is arguably Wyndham’s flagship midscale brand. Focusing on key business, airport, and suburban locations, you’ll see brand-new designs at each Wyndham Garden property. Wyndham Garden places a large emphasis on its expansive array of event space options, whether it’s meetings or weddings. Although breakfast is generally not complimentary at these locations, you will get free Wi-Fi, Human+Kind amenities, and the ability to enjoy a pool and/or gym at select locations. Wyndham Garden has a 23-country large footprint with 124 properties and counting.
22. Wyndham Grand Wyndham Grand is Wyndham’s most upscale brand in its entire portfolio. As the sole holder of the “Distinctive” category, Wyndham Grand offers premium amenities, beautiful architecture, and top-notch service to elevate your stay. In each room, you’ll find contemporary guest rooms with a comfy bed and WynRest bedding, flanked by premium bath toiletries and modern conveniences. You’ll be able to make use of the refreshing pools, rejuvenating spa facilities, and artisanal restaurants at every Wyndham Grand property. These sprawling resorts and properties offer the perfect opportunity to plan meetings and events, thanks to an expert team and tons of space. Lastly, some of the luxuries you can expect are local ingredients, handcrafted cocktails, and family experiences that’ll satisfy everybody. There are 58 Wyndham Grand properties in 16 countries across the world.
23. Wyndham Hotels and Resorts Wyndham Hotels and Resorts are the namesake brand associated with Wyndham. The rooms are generally oversized, and this full-service brand offers all of the amenities you would expect from a full-service property. The oversized beds have WynRest bedding, Blue Harmony bath amenities, and all the rooms are technologically enabled. Plus, with well-equipped gyms, indoor/outdoor pools, golf courses, beaches, and much more, it’ll be easy to stay busy at these properties. If necessary, you can even make use of the meeting and event space to host business events, conferences, and weddings. In all, there are 124 upscale hotels and resorts in 30 countries worldwide.
Final Thoughts It’s no surprise that Wyndham is the world’s largest hotel chain by number of properties. Although Wyndham properties are popular in general, they are especially popular for those interested in booking budget hotels and still getting tons of value. The biggest concern about Wyndham is its lack of opulent, lavish hotels. At this point, its top tier is Wyndham Grand, which is comparable to an upper-upscale brand from Marriott like Marriott Hotels & Resorts. Overall, Wyndham is not the most aspirational hotel chain in the world, but it is certainly one of the best choices for value-packed hotel stays. Luckily, there’s a lot of value to be had, as cash rates arevery competitive, and redeeming points can be an excellent deal. 2 co-branded Barclays credit cards can also help you accrue up to 5 points per dollar. Considering you’ll pay as little as 7,500 points for a free award night, you can very quickly rack up the points necessary to book your next Wyndham award stay.